Stardew Valley 1.4.1 Bug-Fix Patch
A new patch is out for PC platforms that fixes some bugs found since the launch of 1.4. A big “Thank you!” to everyone who posted bug reports… I hope this patch will resolve any issues you’ve been experiencing.
A full (and spoilery) changelog for the patch is listed below:
Stardew Valley 1.4.1 Bug-Fix Patch
- Fixed an issue where farmhand’s separate wallets would be reset to 500g if the host was playing on Mac or Linux
- Fixed the incorrect ordering of NPC gift tastes so now tastes should remain as they were in 1.3.
- Trash bear no longer appears on festival days, preventing a potential crash.
- Fixed an issue where reclaiming the Insect Head, Neptune’s Glaive, Forest Sword, or Carving Knife from Marlon would cause Clint to appear to be upgrading that weapon. This could cause you to lose a tool if you were already upgrading a tool when this happened.
- Fixed problem harvesting crops with the golden scythe.
- Fixed bug where you could warp into the sewer on your horse, causing you to warp into the void.
- Fixed an issue allowing torches and flooring to placed on the spouses’s porch position, preventing them from coming outside.
- The Golden Scythe should no longer appear on the reaper after you’ve already received it
- Fixed a minor issue where players who have connected to a game and are creating a character while an achievement triggers would send a message saying “- has earned the ‘(Achievement Name)’ achievement.”
- Fixed a hole in the refurbished saloon room, which allowed players to walk out of the map boundaries.
- Fixed an issue where a farmhand entering a freshly built cabin could cause the farmhand that owns it to spawn in in the upper left corner of the main farmer’s farmhouse.
- Fixed fishpond silhouettes being incorrect after clearing the pond in multiplayer.
- Fixed a typo causing plant seeds being removed from the inventory when unsuccessfully attempting to plant them outside of the farm.
- Pre-1.4 Untyped “Honey” items that were misnamed “Wild Honey” are now just converted to “Wild Honey” that stacks with other “Wild Honey” items.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when Tree Fertilizer recipe is added to a save that already has it.
- Fixed the dove subplot enemy from leaving visual trails on the host’s machine regardless of the location they were in.
- Corrected the fix for the Stardew Valley Fair festival’s petting zoo area appearing incorrectly if certain post-game conditions had been unlocked.
- Added a graceful fail state to the function that gets a wedding for the day in case there’s a completely invalid farmer ID in the farmers list (potentially from a removed cabin).
- Players that could have missed increases to their max health, crafting recipes due to skipping combat skill levels will now earn them on level load.
- Adjusted shorts easter egg to give precedence to any normal interactions with the NPCs it affects (gifting, completing a quest, etc.).
- Slightly optimized debris code.
- Pending level ups are now removed from characters as they are applied, instead of all at once at the end of the night. This makes it so that a character who gets disconnected/crashes during a level up will now be able to re-apply their level ups the next time they are connected.
- Fixed non-synchronization of items recovered from Marlon at the Adventurer’s Guild.
- Changed the display name of Flounder in Russian, so that it is distinct from Halibut.
- Weapon cooldowns now only happen if game time should pass.
- Adjusted the requirements to be able to respec a skill at the Statue of Uncertainty to allow users who have “missed levels” to reclaim their missed perks levels using it.
- Fixed a botched after-movie dialogue from Evelyn
- Fixed the direction of the fold on the Gi clothing items.
- Fixed Tea Saplings not being placeable on certain tiles on the farm.
- Fixed a crash when checking the calendar while engaged to another farmer that is currently disconnected from the game.
- Fixed problem where you could soft-lock a shop menu in an edge case scenario. You can also now buy recipes with a full inventory.
- Potential fix for switching over to the scythe after using the club slam repeat quirk causing the next used tool to soft-lock the player in place.
- CONTROLLER: Fixed some inconsistencies with cursor placement when item stowing is on.
- CONTROLLER: Fixed an issue where using the Trigger buttons to swap pages in the Junimo Bundle menu while holding an item would cause it to be lost.
- CONTROLLER: Highlighting a dropdown menu option in the options screen on the controller now snaps to the drop down button, no longer obscuring the text.
- CONTROLLER: When a dialogue question is asked, the first selectable option is now selected by default on controller mode, regardless of whether or not the Controller style menus option is enabled.
- CONTROLLER: Fixed an issue in the quest log where if you moved the cursor right from the “back” button when viewing a quest description on the second or higher page of the quest log, it cursor would move to an invalid position.
- Fixed various typos.
- MODDING: Added in a null check to loadDataToLocations as a courtesy to people with residual mod data in their save file
- MODDING: Fixed the /friendAll debug command granting friendships to NPCs that aren’t friendable, which could possibly cause issues on any game mechanics that randomly select a friend (daily quests)
- Added a new Gamepad Mode selection to the options menu. The default setting (“Auto”) will automatically switch between keyboard and mouse controls depending on the last used input. “Force on” forces the game to use gamepad logic, similar to earlier versions of Stardew Valley. “Force off” disables the gamepad and should be used if you only play the game using a keyboard and mouse.
- You can now purchase the museum rarecrows from the night market after you’ve unlocked them.
- Some non-spouse NPC’s now have custom movie ticket acceptance dialogue (english only)
- Penny’s 14-heart event will no longer remove any placed dressers. They will remain in place, and any furniture that was supposed to be placed in any occupied tiles will now be added to the same chests Penny puts your objects in.
- Explosive ammo now costs 300g/each in Marolon’s shop, won’t appear until you’ve unlocked the crafting recipe, and now only explodes with a 2 tile radius instead of 3.
- You can now only buy one piece of Magic Rock Candy per Thursday at the Desert Trader.
- Iridium ore abundance now increases much more slowly beyond level 100 of the skull cavern
- Vincent now loves snails
If you’re still experiencing any issues with the update, the best way to report bugs right now is the 1.4 thread pinned to the stardew valley subreddit. You can also send an email to [email protected]
Console & Mobile players: I will give an update soon on the status of 1.4 for console & mobile. Thanks for your patience.
I hope you’re enjoying the update so far!
Edit: The version number was changed from 220.127.116.11 to 1.4.1 to make this patch compatible with SMAPI (the modding API). This will benefit anyone who uses SMAPI for their mods.