This job posting is no longer open. Thanks everyone who took the time to send in their resumes… I’ll be in touch!
I’m forming a core team to help me create new content updates for Stardew Valley, as well as maintain the existing Stardew Valley codebase across various platforms. For this position, I’m looking for an independent, talented, and dedicated computer programmer who will be handling the technical aspects of Stardew Valley development. You’ll be working closely with me (ConcernedApe) and other members of the team to maintain and expand Stardew Valley, and potentially other projects in the future. Since this is a small indie team, you’ll likely be doing things beyond ‘pure programming’, including a variety of technical jobs.
Location: Seattle, Washington (Fremont neighborhood)
Hours: Full time
Pay: Salaried, depending on experience
How to apply: Email [email protected] with the following:
- Cover letter
- Your portfolio
- Answers to the questions below
- Works closely with ConcernedApe and other team members to bring new gameplay features into Stardew Valley
- Maintains existing content by fixing bugs, refactoring, and optimizing existing code
- Coordinates with contractors, QA, porting companies, and other external contacts
- Other duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years C# game programming or equivalent experience
- Ability to learn, understand, and work within a preexisting large and complex code base
- Proficiency with version control software such as GIT
- Ability to manage and automate builds & deployment to various platforms
- Extensive experience playing Stardew Valley
- Is independent, takes initiative, and is a self-starter
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to additions to or changes in job duties
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work on site full time, in office in Seattle, Washington
- Experience with multiplayer/network programming
- Indie game development and/or modding experience
- Knowledge of Steam and other game distribution platform back ends
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with Monogame and/or XNA
- Proficient in using regular expressions to perform advanced find & replace operations
- Why do you want this position?
- Do you have any skills other than programming that might be applicable to indie game development?
- What are your favorite games and why?
- What is your experience with Stardew Valley?
- This is an in-office position located in Seattle, Washington. Are you able to work full time at this location?
- What is your desired salary range?