(April 23rd: This position is now closed due to high volume of applicants — thanks everyone who applied, I’ll be in touch soon!)
I’m forming a small team to help me maintain and expand Stardew Valley. For this position, I’m looking for a self-motivated and organized administrator who will provide support to the development team and handle many non-game-development tasks.
Location: Seattle, Washington (Fremont neighborhood)
Hours: Full time
Pay: Salaried, depending on experience
How to apply: Email [email protected] with the following:
- Cover letter
- Answers to the questions below
- Maintains utmost confidentiality with sensitive information
- Maintains office, project and team member calendars
- Tracks and utilizes information to form reports and create documents for business and organizational purposes
- May occasionally make adjustments to the Stardew Valley website
- Admin tasks on various social media platforms
- Tracks and gathers feedback from the community (bug reports, feature requests, etc.)
- Answers emails, including troubleshooting of common technical support issues (or forwarding them to relevant team members)
- Monitors and maintains payroll software, working with a third party accounting firm to ensure smooth operation
- Facilitates the hiring and on-boarding process
- Maintains and updates employee benefits information
- Maintains employee documentation
- Ensures compliance with state & federal employment laws
- Ensures that office supplies are ordered, received and stocked
- Helps organize and maintain office common areas
- Runs errands for business reasons as needed and appropriate
- Mails packages as necessary
- Collects and organizes financial reports and invoices from various external business partners
- Works with third party accounting firm to ensure that accounting records are maintained
- Maintains any relevant records & reports for tax purposes
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Extensive experience playing Stardew Valley and familiarity with the community surrounding the game
- General knowledge of the video game industry
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully as a public representative of the company in the Stardew Valley community
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a focus on attention to detail
- Very strong in Microsoft and Google Office Suites (Excel, Google Calendar, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Resourcefulness and the ability to find creative ways to get things done
- Is proactive and takes initiative in support of the team’s needs; has the ability to anticipate the needs of the team and complete important tasks without being asked
- Excellent grammatical, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of office and administrative procedures, including office equipment
- Ability to work on site full time, in office in Seattle, Washington
- Why do you want this position?
- What are your favorite games and why?
- What is your experience with Stardew Valley?
- Please describe your experience in these categories as they relate to this position:
- This is an in-office position located in Seattle, Washington. Are you able to work full time at this location?
- What is your desired salary range?